A career at Smith Energy
Smith Energy is a manufacturer’s agent operating in the HVACR industry. We offer state-of-the-art products for industrial, institutional and commercial projects. We take pride in giving our employees the training they need to have a thorough knowledge of our products. Training may be given in Montreal or at one of our affiliate supplier’s plants in North America. Come and join a young and dynamic team filled with opportunities.
Technical Sales Assistant
Support the external representative regarding his/her client’s requests.
- Technical support to consulting engineers, contractors and/or owners to determine their needs
- Make equipment selection depending on the customer or representative requirements
- Prepare bids and related documents
- Quotation follow-ups
- Perform all other tasks related to project management duties.
The representative in charge of applied equipment has the main responsibility to develop and maintain privileged, sustainable and profitable business relations with existing customers and find new ones in the areas served by Smith Energy; all this in order to maintain, stimulate and increase new equipment sales.
Tenders, selection, quotations, and contract negotiation will be his/her main tasks.
The Purchasing Department Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare documentation in order to proceed to equipment production (communicate with vendors, sales representatives, clients, etc.)
- Prepare purchase orders to vendors
- Prepare contract declaration documents and forward all required information to the Accounting Department
- Approve supplier’s invoices for payment
- Prepare billing information for the Accounting Department
- Provide installation / operation / maintenance manuals
- Close files / Filing system
- Classify purchasing files on a weekly basis
- Keep up to date various databases
- Assist in tracking orders and coordinate delivery of equipment as needed
- Occasional receptionist replacement duties