A career at Smith Energy
Smith Energy is a manufacturer’s agent operating in the HVACR industry. We offer state-of-the-art products for industrial, institutional and commercial projects. We take pride in giving our employees the training they need to have a thorough knowledge of our products. Training may be given in Montreal or at one of our affiliate supplier’s plants in North America. Come and join a young and dynamic team filled with opportunities.
Outside sales technical representative – Mississauga
Smith Energy Inc. is a manufacturing agent based in Kitchener and Mississauga, Ontario. Smith Energy is a leader in the HVAC Industry, providing HVAC equipment based solutions for engineers, architects, building owners and contractors. We have a reputation for economical and innovative solutions to meet our client’s needs.
With a team composed of dynamic and passionate people who want to achieve new challenges, we continue to expand and are now recruiting for an Outside Sales technical representative for our Mississauga office. By joining Smith Energy, you will accelerate your professional career in a friendly work environment, driven by a strong spirited team.
Reporting to the General Manager, your mandate is to develop business, grow sales and maintain good professional relationships with assigned customers in the GTA area.
- Establish and execute sales plans for your customers;
- Educate the local contracting community and local wholesalers on our various products;
- Visit each of your clients on a regular basis;
- Provide trainings at our office for various customers;
- Distribute catalogues/brochures when required;
- Ensure sales calls are planned and confirmed (full days) when a RSM (Regional Sales Manager) from one of our suppliers is in the region for a visit;
- Track and record your client meetings in our ERP on a weekly basis;
- Take on all other tasks (related to market penetration) given to you by your superior;
- Provide detailed reports of your markets;
- Keep your technical skills up-to-date;
- On commercial bid and spec applied jobs with your dedicated customers, be responsible for the following on your projects:
- Give technical advice to your customers
- Select equipment and review
- Establish and review Bill of Material for quotes
- Review and ensure price structure before submitting quotes
- Inform your supervisor of any closing projects and provide assistance
- Design and review HVAC systems for approval
- Make sure information on your projects and customers are updated in our CRM on a weekly basis
- Occasionally visit job sites at deliveries, during start-ups and when technical issues arise
- Assisting the aftermarket department when there are problems on job sites
- Provide sales forecasting to your applied territory manager on a monthly basis.
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a College Degree in Engineering;
- Relevant professional experience in the field of technical representation;
- Minimum 5 years professional selling experience in HVAC field.
- Strong sense of organization, autonomous, resourcefulness;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong team spirit;
- Extensive knowledge working with computers and MS software.
- ERP/CRM knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to travel daily to customer site in a designated geography.
- Positive and professional attitude to close big deals, at times working outside of office hours.
If you are a dynamic person who enjoys the challenges of technical sales, thank you for sending us your resume at email@example.com.