Case Study – Concrete Factory
On this project, the client required a packaged fluid cooling system for the primary purpose of cooling the horizontal ball mills in the Solid Fuel Mill Shop being constructed to feed its two cement kilns. The project required that all cooling system components be installed outdoors as the Mill Shop was classified as a hazardous zone.
Enviroair offered a packaged cooling system with the coolant pumping components installed in a factory assembled mechanical enclosure constructed by Enviroair’s packaged system supplier Epsilon Industries.
The package included:
- Taco CI centrifugal pumps, Taco CBX expansion tanks and Taco type 435 air separator
- Glycol coolant make up system
- Electrical switchgear and controls
- Heating and ventilation
- All components factory pre-assembled and tested in an insulated enclosure with single point power connection
- The horizontal fluid cooler Kool Air model FEVZ was field installed beside the pump package
Enviroair’s capability in providing all the system hydronic components combined with Epsilon’s factory packaging expertise generated a solution that minimized the client’s field installation time and effort. The system has been in operation since 2008.